The Market Place - why is it thriving?
- Physical Education is now ranked 1 in 4 of the top subjects in primary schools.
- In March 2013 the Government funded £150,000,000 per year for the purpose of supporting schools with Sports and PE Provision: this has
been ring-fenced until 2020. This funding will allow head teachers to improve the quality and provision of sport activities for their pupils. This equates to £8,000 per school (plus £5.00 per
- There is a huge demand in primary schools for highly-skilled coaches for teacher upskilling, which forms part of the Sports and PE
- Introduction of PPA (Planning, Preperation and Assessment) time for teachers (2005) has provoked the requirement for cover for each
class teacher. Sports and PE work 'hand in hand' with PPA time.
- The majority of schools use professional coaches as part of their sports provision
- Schools are in urgent need of qualified reliable sports and activity coaches to deliver 'wrap around' clubs throughout the school
- Parents are constantly looking for safe affordable childcare during out of school hours and school holidays.
- With increasing child obesity there has never been more demand for quality, safe, sports
coaching to combat this national problem.
- Each territory can access approximately £1 million worth of Sport and PE Premium per year
- Education and sports coaching is now a top four sector for franchising and market growth and
has grown by 19% since 2010.
- Franchising continues to grow year on year in the UK, a quick overview of franchising can be
With increasing child obesity, there has never been more demand for providing quality, safe sports coaching to combat this national
SPORT IS NEVER GOING TO GROW OLD AND THE MARKET PLACE
HAS NEVER BEEN STRONGER.
*Information from the 2015 BFA/NATWEST Franchise survey